WOW… my unintentional sewing/blogging hiatus has gone on far too long! No excuses, just an overwhelming amount of stuff in my life, and priorities had to be made. This quilt started with my desire to make a patchwork boy quilt. After I picked out the fabrics, I started to think about what happens in patchwork patterns when the same fabric is randomly chosen for adjacent blocks. From that I decided to precut a few of the fabrics in double, triple, and quadruple blocks.
The fabrics I know in the top are Kona Navy, Grass Green, and Natural, with Park Slope Birds in Turquoise by Erin McMorris. The light blue is either Kona Aqua or Ice Frappe. I quilted a few random vertical and horizontal lines along the seams, but I hadn’t basted it well so there are a couple of puckers in the top. I’m really disappointed in my quilting and am worried that it is too little to withstand washings. I may hand tie it in a few places so that I feel like it will hold up and have a full quilty life.
The back was a created improv style based on some already cut pieces that hadn’t been used in the quilt top, and a few other solids. The main color is Kona White, with a little Kona Coal, and the light green is either Kona Spring or Tarragon. After washing it measures 37.5″ x 51″.
I like it, but don’t love it. Hopefully a little boy will love it an extra lot to replace my lack of affection 🙂